As a school we recognise that to function correctly we need to collect and use certain types of information about staff, students and other individuals who come into contact with the school. In addition to our own use of data; we are also obliged to collect and use data to fulfil our obligations to our local authorities, the Department for Education and other bodies.
The school aims to ensure that all personal data collected about staff, students, parents, governors, visitors and other individuals is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the expected provision of the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) as set out in the Data Protection Bill.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the school’s data protection policy, monitoring the school’s compliance with the data protection law, and developing related policies and guidelines where applicable.
If you have any queries, please contact the school Data Protection Lead, Dr Rose, at school in the first instance or alternatively contact the Data Protection Officer for the Academy Trust.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) for the Academy Trust is Laura Ganderton. You can contact the DPO via:
• email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
• telephone: 0121 472 1147; or
• post: Foundation Office, Edgbaston Park Road, Birmingham B15 2UD
Links to the Academy Trust policies and privacy notices are below
• Academy Trust Privacy Notice Parent 2018.
• Academy Trust Privacy Notice Pupil 2018
• Academy Trust Privacy Notice Staff 2018
• Academy Trust Data Protection Policy 2018
• Academy Trust Data Retention Policy 2018